A sexually transmitted disease or STD is an infection that can be spread from one person to another through sexual contact. Examples of STDs are: Herpes, Warts, Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Hepatitis, Syphilis or HIV/AIDS.
These diseases are spread by direct contact with genital sores, body fluids or the skin on the genital area.
Here are some tips to avoid these diseases and enjoy a fulfilling sex life:
1. Know your sexual partner well and talk to him/her about your sexual history.
2. Have only one sexual partner, one that you know of his/her sexual history.
3. Never feel forced into engaging in a sexual activity.
4. Before having sex you and your partner should agree to get screened for STDs.
5. If you are infected from a STD, let your sexual partner know and decide what to do. If he/she decides to have sex with you, use polyurethane or latex condoms.
6. Always use a condom for vaginal, anal or oral sex. A condom does not eliminate the danger of infection from STDs but reduces the risk.
7. Use lubricants to make sure the condom does not brake. Choose water-based lubricants avoiding oil-based ones that can weaken the condom’s latex.
8. Prefer polyurethane condoms. They cost more than latex condoms but they are harder to break.
9. There are condoms that contain spermicides and this reduces the chance of HIV transmission.
10. Avoid alcohol and drugs which can impair your judgement and may lead to crucial mistakes e.g. you may forget to use a condom.
11. Get tested for STDs often. Some STDs have no symptoms. You need to be tested so you know if you’ve been exposed.
Are you interested in safe sex? Read the 8 ideas that promote safer sex…
Source: University of Maryland
Did you enjoyed the 11 tips that help you avoid STDs? Check our recommendations…
Recommended for WOMEN:
Did you know that 44% of men are braking up with their sexual partners due to lousy or non-existent blowjobs? Learn how to give mind blowing blowjobs today! Read more…
Recommended for MEN:
How about having multiple non-ejaculatory orgasms during sex and knowing that her pleasure is multiplied as well because it is linked to yours? Read more…